The New Entrepreneur of the Year Award
It takes a brave and bold entrepreneur to have launched a business in the last 18 months. What service or product did you offer during this challenging time to rise to the top?
This award celebrates the potential that exists within leaders of the UK’s most promising start-ups and new SMEs. If you’ve launched a new business recently, and made of a success of it despite the adversity, the New Entrepreneur of the Year Award is for you.
What makes a winner?
This award focuses on the market opportunity you’ve identified, the model launched to capitalise on it, and how you have executed your business plan within the first 18 months of trading.
Judges will look at whether you have exceeded initial targets and KPIs, your vision for growth and innovation, and your understanding of key challenges, customers and the competitive landscape.
Open to any first business founder who has been trading for 24 months from entry deadline date, this Award recognises those demonstrating the entrepreneurial aptitude, commercial acumen, vision, ambition and drive to build a successful enterprise. Judges will be looking for:
- Your personal story, career and any notable additional information. What would people say makes you an exceptional entrepreneur?
- Evidence of the market opportunity you identified, your model to capitalise on it, and how it differentiates you from your competitors
- Details about the key innovations you have introduced, or developed, that have created uniqueness and competitive advantage for your business—and the impact on the wider industry if applicable
- Details about your leadership philosophy and how it has driven improvement in performance over the last 24 months
- The plan you have in place to sustain your growth and ongoing financial success
- Top line revenue and net profit figures for the current year, previous year and prediction for the next year of trading