The Lloyds Bank DE&I Champion of the Year Award
There is a wealth of evidence that diversity, equity & inclusion drives value, engagement, impact and growth for all organisations – yet it still hasn’t been fully embraced by the majority. Often, it is a visionary and influential individual or market leader who drives diversity as a role model, advocate, challenger or champion.
Diversity champions are pro-active in driving the right initiatives, setting the most meaningful metrics and proving the commercial case for DE&I. They encourage open conversations, challenge the status quo and bring people together with a shared vision of a brighter future.
The DE&I Champion of the Year Award is open to any individual or business that is able to demonstrate the success of DE&I policies and initiatives to improve diversity, equity or inclusion.
Judges will look for exemplary internal and external campaigns, recruitment practices, onboarding and inclusion strategies, and initiatives to improve awareness and understanding in the organisation and / or industry. Judges will also look for evidence of meaningful and measurable impact, how this is aligned with commercial objectives, and how it has improved performance and customer engagement.
SCORING AND WEIGHTING
In this category judges will compare the extent to which each candidate has demonstrated excellence in the following areas:
- Employee & Customer Engagement
- Leadership & Innovation
- Organisational Ethics & Policies
- Financial Performance & Growth
PROPORTION OF OVERALL SCORING
25% Employee & Customer Engagement, 25% Leadership & Innovation, 35% Organisational Ethics & Policies, 15% Financial Performance & Growth
In a summary of no more than 350 words, please describe what your business does, the market in which it operates and what differentiates you from your competitors. Please include your key business achievements that are significant for your market sector or industry. (Please note that should you become a finalist the answer to this question will be used in external PR & Communications to explain who you are)
In no more than 1200 words, explain why you should win this award using the bullet points below as a guide:
- Employee & Customer Engagement: 25%
- Explain how you have embedded a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion in your organisation from recruitment and onboarding to development and career progression.
- Provide case study examples and top line data to demonstrate how your DE&I policies or initiatives have enabled you to attract or retain customers and employees over the last 18 months.
- What is your company doing to drive DE&I in your industry or through your supply chain?
- Leadership & Innovation: 25%
- Demonstrate evidence of how innovative your DE&I policies or initiatives are, or how you have applied innovation to achieve improvement over the last 18 months.
- Show us how the management structure and leadership philosophy of your company has driven DE&I and how this has enabled improvement in performance and employee engagement over the last year.
- Organisational Ethics & Policies 35%
- How does Diversity, Equity & Inclusion align with your company values and overall business strategy?
- How are ethical, environmental or social impact policies or initiatives aligned with your DE&I approach?
- Explain how your ethical or diversity policy or sustainability strategy has improved employee / client attraction and retention.
- Financial Performance & Growth 15%
- How do you benchmark against your peers in terms of sales, profitability or market share?
- Explain your key growth metrics, including financial targets, KPIs, timescales and overall ambitions
plus examples of how DE&I policies or initiatives have helped to improve or achieve them.
- How has your company performed against your growth plan? Show examples and/or case studies of any DE&I initiative that has supported, or will drive further, commercial success.