The Department for Business and Trade is delighted to present the Department for Business and Trade Exporter of the Year Award 2023 at the British Business Excellence Awards.
This prestigious award aims to showcase the very best-in-class of UK SME exporters, presented in tandem with The Department for Business and Trade’s export promotion campaign, ‘Made in the UK, Sold to the World’. It supports the department’s ambition to inspire and encourage more UK SMEs to export for the first time or expand their existing international sales.
The campaign aims to help British companies realise their export potential, ensuring they are aware of the benefits of selling overseas and the wide range of export support that The Department for Business and Trade offers.
Visit great.gov.uk to:
- Create an export plan,
- Identify high-potential markets for your products,
- Access free online lessons to build your knowledge of selling internationally,
- Search and apply for live export opportunities,
- Explore e-commerce options and support to sell online internationally, and
- Explore finance and insurance options from UK Export Finance.
Other support includes:
- UK Export Academy – a free, comprehensive training offer for UK businesses featuring masterclasses, events, mentoring and roundtables.
- Events – find events relevant to you and register for seminars, workshops and trade shows at events.great.gov.uk.
- Export Support Team – a single point of contact for UK businesses to get answers to questions about exporting: gov.uk/ask-export-support-team
- Nation teams – The Department for Business and Trade has established teams in Belfast, Edinburgh and Cardiff to help bring the department’s support closer to businesses in Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. The department works closely with the devolved administrations, business-representative organisations, businesses and other key partners to improve the availability of export support to companies around the UK.
- International-trade advisers (England only, except London) – If you lack the expertise or contacts to explore a new overseas market, international-trade advisers (ITAs) can help. ITAs provide market advice, support with international visits/events and help to identify potential in-market partners.
- International market support – If you have an export-ready product or service you may be eligible for the department’s international market support. The service provides one-to-one help from in-market advisers, market intelligence and introductions to private-sector service providers.