The Gateley Business Transformation of the Year Award
Has your business undergone a major transformation in the past 24 months? Have you successfully completed a phase of transformation as part of an ambitious change initiative?
Have you adopted new technologies to help streamline processes? Have you restructured or re-organised your workforce to enable your business to operate more effectively? Have you re-trained or up-skilled your people to capitalise on new opportunities, new markets or new business models?
This Award recognises any organisation that has undergone or embarked upon a transformation programme to adapt to challenges or optimise new opportunities.
Judges will look at all stages of transformation, from scope and research to clear objectives and KPIs to milestones and achievements.
Entrants can enter a single project or an overall strategy, demonstrating key measures of success and impact on financial performance.
SCORING AND WEIGHTING
In this category judges will compare the extent to which each candidate has demonstrated excellence in the following areas:
- Employee & Customer Engagement
- Leadership & Innovation
- Organisational Ethics & Policies
- Financial Performance & Growth
PROPORTION OF OVERALL SCORING
25% Employee, 25% Leadership, 35% Organisational, 15% Financial
In a summary of no more than 350 words, please describe what your business does, the market in which it operates and what differentiates you from your competitors. Please include your key business achievements that are significant for your market sector or industry. (Please note that should you become a finalist the answer to this question will be used in external PR & Communications to explain who you are)
In no more than 1200 words, explain why you should win this award using the bullet points below as a guide:
- Employee & Customer Engagement 25%
- Provide evidence and case study examples of how employees and key stakeholders have been recruited, retained, motivated and optimised to deliver the transformation objectives.
- Provide case study examples and top line data to demonstrate how your transformation initiatives have increased your customer base or market penetration over the last 18 months.
- Leadership & Innovation 25%
- What is innovative about your transformation project or strategy? What impact has it had on your business or industry?
- Provide evidence or case studies to demonstrate how innovation or your innovative approach has supported the success of your transformation project / strategy.
- Show how the management structure, leadership philosophy and culture of your company has supported transformation, growth or improved productivity / profitability over of the last year.
- Organisational Ethics & Policies 35%
- How are ethical, environmental or social impact policies or initiatives aligned with your transformation objectives, business model, and company values?
- How does your approach to diversity, equity and inclusion align with your transformation strategy and overall ambition for the business?
- Explain how your ethical or diversity policy or sustainability strategy has improved employee / client attraction and retention.
- Financial Performance & Growth 15%
- Explain your key transformation metrics, including financial targets, KPIs, timescales and overall ambitions plus examples of milestones and barriers/challenges that have been overcome.
- How do you benchmark success against your peers in terms of sales, profitability or market share?
- How has your company performed against your transformation plan and what will help you to sustain future growth?
- Show examples and/or case studies of transformation initiatives that have supported, or will drive further, commercial success.